Sunday, 15 December 2013

Life Decisons

It's been a while since I last posted anything on my blog but recently I've had a bit of a reawakening concerning makeup. Basically that means I've spent lots of money on products that I've wanted for ages. I feel compelled to start blogging again to share my findings! 

Like most people my age I've struggled with knowing what I want to do with my life. I panic sometimes and think 'oh my god I'm 20 years old which is halfway to 40 and have no clue what I'll be doing in 5 years' however there are moments where I realise I am ONLY 20 and that is no where near old. I'm very jealous of these people who know exactly what they want from life and who go out there and grab it. I've always been undecided. 

That's when I thought about what I enjoyed and what I was good at. Two things sprung to mind. Literature and makeup. I am currently studying English at university and I'm in third year so I really should be getting my skates on in terms of thinking about my 'career'. After spending 4 years at university studying books is jumping to something completely different a ridiculous notion? After all, to be a qualified makeup artist it takes time and experience and a lot of passion. But you don't need to go to university. 

My parents weren't best pleased when I announced that I wanted to study makeup after uni. My dad has convinced himself I am going to write a bestseller that means he can retire early. As much as I want to believe that too I am trying to be realistic. Why not combine the two? Writing and beauty are my two main interests so it makes sense to link them. They just brushed over the subject as if I wasn't being serious. And maybe I wasn't. But in ten years time I want to be successful and at the moment... playing to my strengths is the best plan I've got.


2 comments: