Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Healthy living..

Getting a wee bit tired of yoghurt but it's great for snacking!
I have been an extremely lazy person for most of my life. There's nothing I enjoy more than long lies, pajama days, Xbox marathons... and eating.

I've always been self-conscious about my weight. I'm nowhere near overweight but I'm no skinny Minnie. I instinctively flinch away if anyone tries to touch my tummy or tickle me because I'm scared they'll think me fat. This is really silly, and I know that, but I can't help feeling a bit insecure. After all, what better a feeling could there be than slipping on a nice dress and knowing that you look amazing. 

I'm a complete chocoholic. I would eat chocolate everyday if I could get away with it - some days I did. I love crisps, and popcorn and fizzy juice and ice cream and basically every other snack you can imagine. 

Amazing fruit salad I made for myself
 - was so yummy.
I weighed myself two weeks ago after my mum remarked that she thought I had maybe put weight on and got the shock of my life. I hadn't noticed the weight creeping on. I felt a wee bit more cuddly sure, but was very upset when I looked at the scales and did what most girls would do in that situation: cry... lots.

Nike trainers I bought - excuse the frilly socks -
I was trying them on after I'd been wearing boots!
After much thought and self pep talking I decided to do something about it. The thought of being a gym bunny has never appealed to me in the slightest. I would see people jogging in the rain and think 'Why bother with that?'. I know that the only way to lose weight healthily is to exercise and eat a sensible diet. So that's what I've been doing. I'm on Day 8 of my healthy eating plan and feel fantastic. I've been eating lots and lots of fresh fruit and vegetables and having so much fun planning healthy and tasty meals for myself.
I even went out and bought lots of super cool gym gear for myself - including some lovely Nike trainers that I've been wearing to the gym.

I live beside a gym and have been going most days - just pacing myself to begin with but I feel like I am really getting somewhere. I would suggest to all the other couch potatoes out there to do the same thing. Your body is the most important, and valuable tool you'll ever own: look after it and it'll look after you.

Tuna salad - also mega
yummy!
Standard breakfast -
Special K with a
chopped banana.

Oat and pumpkin seed flapjacks I made -
super duper healthy!





No comments:

Post a Comment