Saturday, 1 March 2014

My Very First (Proper...) Makeup Job...

This afternoon I got to do my beautiful friend Rebecca's makeup for her Law Ball - as part of the Law Society of Aberdeen University. Rebecca is in her fourth year so she will be graduating in May time and then will be doing her diploma to become to fully fledged lawyer. I'm super proud of how committed she is - always doing work... unlike me. I mostly sit around in my pajamas playing Xbox and watching boxsets on Netflix during exam time. And at all other points of the year too.

Rebecca doesn't tend to wear a lot of makeup on a day to day basis - she has lovely skin so most of the time she doesn't need to, and she's very sporty so being at the gym most days makeup is a hassle. I was so happy she asked me to do her makeup for her ball - I get to play around with different looks which makes me so happy. She'd sent me a picture of her dress (ASOS) so I knew I wanted to stick within the parameters of a silver/purple eyeshadow look.

I deliberated for a while but eventually settled for blending three eyeshadows together: MAC Naked Lunch, MAC Satin Taupe, and Gunmetal from the Urban Decay Naked Palette. I also dotted some MAC nylon on the inner corners of her eyes to give a little highlight. We decided that as lots of pictures would be taken of the night to use a false lash as her to make her really stand out! Rebecca's natural brows are incredible anyway, but I ran some MAC Mystery through them for a slightly more dramatic look.
MAC Naked Lunch & Satin Taupe, Urban Decay Gunmetal (Naked Palette) MAC Nylon - inner corner
Dress - ASOS

12 comments:

  1. lovely! I love how you kept the skin more natural not to over do the face. Really gorgeous, also her dress is to die for!
    blogablebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I left the eyes to do the talking, I always prefer a more natural look on the skin. You have a great blog, just checked it out! :) I'm your latest follower!

      Emma x

      Delete
  2. The make-up looks amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey beauty woooww you have a really nice blog :) would you like if we follow each other on blog? let me know what do you think ? Regards from Bosnia ♥
    http://obsessionwithfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Just checked out your blog and its really cool.. definitely following you. Thanks for your lovely comment. :)

      xxx

      Delete
  4. You did great! Love.


    xo, Manda
    www.iceonthegold.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do follow for follow, so follow me and within 24h i will follow you back! Promise :)
    http://innascorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool I'll check out your blog. :) xxx

      Delete
  6. Absolutely stunning makeup, congrats on your first make up job, heres to many more!!

    A little bit Unique Blog/Bloglovin/Instagram/Facebook

    xx

    ReplyDelete